Monday, May 16, 2011

News for Readers of Blogarithmic Expressions

I am pleased and excited to announce the publication of my new book, In the Court of the Master: An Ordinary Man's Walk with an Extraordinary God . For those of you who regularly read this blog, the style and subjects of my book will be familiar. I have chosen my practice of law as a motif on which to build a discussion of some of the questions that face both us Christians who wonder about facets of our faith and non-Christians who are curious what this whole "church" thing is all about.

Here is the blurb my publisher wrote: "In the Court of the Master: An Ordinary Man's Walk with an Extraordinary God is an examination and exaltation of the Christian life from the perspective of a practicing attorney. Taking images and language fresh from the courtroom, Robbins provides a unique perspective on living with Christ. The author is not only familiar with legal terminology and understanding, he also possess a thorough knowledge of Christian hymnody and contemporary culture. In the Court of the Master will provide the reader with a better understanding of what it means to live before the only Judge who truly matters."

I hope you will be interested in reading the book. The easiest way to get it is to go to my new website, www.LynRobbins.com, and click on the "Order Lyn's book" tab. You can also order it through Amazon.com. I don't know yet what stores (if any) will stock it on shelves. There will be a Kindle and a Nook version at some point - they may be ready now, I am just not sure. My hope is that the book will be interesting to you and will be something that you can share with others who may be asking some of these same questions. I also hope that it will open some doors for me to speak to churches and groups and congregations, so if you know of any...

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this note of shameless advertisement. If you have questions, you can email me at Lyn@LynRobbins.com.

No comments: